May 24, 2020
To our dearest customers and our lovely community of Ladner,
We are continuing to navigate through these unprecedented times with the safety of our staff, families and friends, and customers at the forefront of any decisions we make. We continue to monitor the directives and recommendations of the provincial health officer as well as discussing with peers in our industry on handling the current situation. Due to this, we have made changes to adapt to this ever changing landscape.
- We have removed all seating from the cafe and are operating as take out only;
- The queue starts outside with markers to stand on, distanced at 2m (6 feet) apart, and arrows for directional flow;
- There is only one way in and out of the cafe, that is through the front door;
- Maximum one customer, or one household, in the cafe allowed to order and collect;
- Hand sanitizer available for customers inside the shop beside our community board beside the front door;
- Seating area and washrooms are closed off and entry is blocked by tables;
- We have installed a glass barrier at the order counter;
- Cash payment is accepted, however, card payment via Tap is preferred; and,
- After each customer handling of card terminal, terminal will be sanitized.
Staff Safety & Procedures
- Our staffing is reduced to a maximum of two on shift. When there are two staff on shift, we will wear masks;
- We will put in all requested sweeteners and additives to your drink before giving to you;
- Drinks will either be placed at the front counter or brought around and placed on the table barrier;
- We will place lids and sleeves (if needed) on a saucer for you to cover your drink yourself and provide cup carriers as needed;
- We continue to abide by Fraser Health Food Safety guidelines, including hand sanitizer stations for staff;
- We have increased the frequency of our sanitizing schedule, which includes high frequency touch points;
When the time is right, with the consideration of safety for all involved, we will then only open the cafe up for seating. We extremely miss having the cafe full of chatter, laughter, and seeing all of our customers. We have always been a community social gathering place and it is hard to imagine our cafe with limited tables spaced out with no ability to share a table and meet a new friend. For the time being, we will continue to operate as take out but on a limited basis (hours posted and subject to change). We thank everyone for their kind messages and support through this challenging time.
The Stir Staff, Robert Lowe & Family